What customers need to know about Rushmore Tramway Adventure’s response to COVID-19
Updated: May 21, 2020
Rushmore Tramway Adventures is taking a number of actions to protect the health and well-being of our employees and customers and to control the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus) in accordance with the expert guidance of the CDC and local public health authorities. Read below for an at-a-glance overview.
Rushmore Tramway Adventures
Your Adventure Experience may look different as we navigate this dynamic situation. Our commitment to you is that we will continue to make proactive decisions that are grounded in transparency and science – for our employees and the people we serve.
- All attractions will be open every day starting Friday, May 22nd. This includes the Aerial Adventure Park, 800 ft. Zipline, Pinnacle Zip Tour, Tubing Hill, Chairlift, Alpine Slide, and Mountain-top Grille. We will be observing extra control measures to maximize physical distance between patrons. People that live in the same household may ride together on the Chairlift whereas others are asked to ride separately on the following chairs. Our park is inherently well-ventilated as we are spread throughout 100 acres of forest.
- All guests are asked to observe current safety and health guidelines: All customers are asked to wear a non-surgical facial mask for entrance into the park. Further, each guest will be screened prior to entering to prevent the spread of the virus.
- Previously purchased tickets are valid for life: There are no expiration dates on your tickets and are valid for any future date if you decide to reschedule. If you need to cancel reservations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your reservation name and reference number within 48 hours of your expected activity date.
Health and Safety
- Extra cleaning protocols and precautions: We continue to observe elevated cleaning and sanitizing protocols set forth by the CDC to help prevent the spread of all germs within our park. Currently, our cleaning practices exceed public health guidelines and aimed at reducing the spread of COVID-19. Additional steps we’re taking include: more frequent cleaning and sanitizing of high-contact surface areas, increased hand washing by employees, implementing hygiene stations, making gloves available to all employees, and supplementing hand washing with hand sanitizer.
- Administrative controls for social distancing: Our Chairlift, Alpine Slide, and Tubing Hill are observing extra control measures to maximize physical distance between patrons. People that live in the same household may ride together on the Chairlift whereas others are asked to ride separately on the following chairs. Traffic flow has been redirected throughout the park to minimize face to face contact and social gathering. Additional safety precautions: We have implemented recommended screening processes for our employees and customers on a daily basis. We also ask that all visiting guests wear non-medical facial coverings while visiting our park if possible.
The emotional toll of self-quarantine is substantial. Our intention is to provide the appropriate environment in which people can still enjoy outdoor recreational activities without increasing the threat to personal and community safety.